• What is it? The Contemporaneous Notice is a form used by our compliance team to fulfill our legal requirement to notify an employment applicant of Criminal Information being reported through a database search about them.
• When is it sent? Anytime criminal information is reported on a database search, such as the Nationwide Criminal Search. This notice is sent via email (the preferred method) or mailed to the applicant.
• What does it contain? Information includes: what is being reported, who the information is being reported to (the client) and how to dispute the information
*Disclosure and Authorization Form Reminders*
• Per the FCRA requirements the Disclosure and Authorization form, or the Quick App electronic version must be completed BEFORE any searches are run.
• If our Client Services or Compliance team requests the signed Disclosure and Authorization form for a background screening, it must be provided.
• The Disclosure and Authorization form and the Quick App version provides important information that protects your business and applicants
You may receive a request for clarification.
You may receive a request for information from our team member Francie Maureira, If address information is missing or incomplete and a valid email address has not been provided for an applicant. Francie will send an email to you requesting the information needed to clarify the completed D&A form.
– SAMPLE LETTER:
Background Screeners of America needs to verify the address and email you have on file for the following applicant you ran a background check on:
Hank Mess- File # 55555
Anytime criminal information is reported through a database on a background check we automatically mail a copy of the Contemporaneous Notice to the applicant however both the email and mailing address on your applicant came back returned. Please provide this updated information.